Monday, April 5, 2010

What I got for Easter...

(...that is in addition to the Cadbury's Creme Eggs that the Easter Bunny has not failed to bring me since my childhood)

A great spring break trip to Nashville with the MP. We arrived for a week's stay and were welcomed by warm and sunny weather. It was a fantastic trip, both of us got to have lots of visits with our friends, we both worked, MP did some studying, we got my house cleaned up and ready to re-rent (and rented...YAY), and the most fun of all...we attended our baby shower.

It was such a great time. I really think I have the best friends a girl could ever want. Here are a few pictures...

So sweet of Margaret to host at her home!


Co-hostesses - best a mother-to-be could want

After opening gifts...


A party isn't a party without a good picture of Gary and me!!



My parents, MP, and I.
It's always sad to leave Nashville, but I think we'll be able to fit in one more visit before BBP arrives. (MP sure will since he'll be working there the first seven weeks of summer, but we're hoping I'll be able to join him for the first couple of them.) We arrived home last night to a bunch more boxes, since MP's extended family decided to shower us as well in honor of our Nashville shower. This baby is going to be set for his first few years at least!
I am still feeling great. I feel so fortunate that I really have no complaints so far in terms of the physical aspects of this pregnancy. (Don't worry, I am sure I will be complaining before it's all said and done. Not to mention, you may notice I said "physical aspects"? I am pretty much an emotional basket case, but that is another story!)
The one thing I will say....I can't lie that watching that number on the scale creep up more and more when I still have 14 weeks left to go is just a little bit scary. In some ways, 14 weeks to go feels like a lifetime, but in others it seems like BBP will make his debut before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment