Sunday, December 12, 2010

Big Shiny Things

Perhaps this post should be titled "Big Plastic Things" since what we're talking about here is a giant exersaucer. I didn't want to be that person, you know the one who has every gadget imaginable to entertain baby? (...and hopefully, we've been able to show some level of restraint) I also really didn't want a million giant plastic monstrosities filling up our living room, but MP2 has reached a point of malcontent laying around on his back all day looking at the same four activity mat animals hanging there. Unfortunately for him, he's also not quite mastered sitting up on his own yet, and we have an open floorplan which doesn't leave lots of doorways for us to hang his jumper in areas at home where we typically hang out.

Nothing a trip to babiesrus.com couldn't cure. A few short days, and our exersaucer was here. I just knew MP2 was going to love love love it. Even still, I couldn't imagine how much...

As soon as I got it together and put him in there, he was cooing, and kept turning around and touching all the different toys. It was so funny, like he could barely contain himself.
Here are some more pictures of him over the last week playing. [Note: I promise, he's not spending all his waking hours in here or anything...]
All smiles in the saucer.
Loves it even when he's a sleepy bear.
This picture is simply to show an unfortunate hair development. Since birth, one of the first comments (by friends or strangers) upon meeting MP2 is about his abundant head of hair. I feel like I am living a lie. We've continued to post full front photos of the Baby Max, where he looks 100% normal. Here, we have a rare side view where all of my three readers can see the truth. His hair has totally fallen out on the sides and the back. He's got a reverse mullet - party is on the top, business is in the back. It's somewhat unfortunate, and hopefully short lived.

(Special Note: If my friend Jess is reading, I hope you see the panda rattle in the picture above - that is also one of MP2's favorite toys - though I had to cut the eyes off of him due to choking hazard ;-))
I love pork too, MP2.

Hopefully, MP2 can enjoy this puppy for months to come before we are able to pass it on, and I get my living room floor back.

No comments:

Post a Comment