Friday, December 23, 2011

Living on Tulsa Time

A couple weeks ago, we were in the throes of finals.  This is typically a tough time in the Pulle household.  It means a lot of MP studying and a lot of MP2 and CP hanging out wondering when finals are over.  In years past, I have had employment responsibilities...now that MP2 is my boss, he suggested a "business trip" over to T-town to get out of daddy's hair lest we cause his law school demise.  

One of my dearest friends is going through a tougher than normal holiday season this year (though she shows only the strongest of faces and would never complain herself - thank goodness I am here to do it on her behalf!) as her husband is serving his third time in Afghanistan.  MP and I were there for a visit back in November 2010.  I have to say, I think everyone had a little more fun this time around!

Love a bath pic :)

Okay, I really, really need a digital SLR for Christmas.  SANTA?!?!  are you there, are you listening?  I would not have ruined Christmas for MP2 by making him pose for ten million photos beside the tree if I had a camera that was worth a %^&$!!  Just look at this....

Our first day in Tulsa found us at the aquarium.  It was a really fun time.  I only wish MP2 was a little more into fish.  :)  Really, it was a great way to spend a morning.  (an early afternoon, that is, since MP2 slept until 10:30 and then we went to brunch at BBDs)
Here the boys are checking out a tide pool...
...and a frog (though not sure what MP2 is actually checking out)
The jellyfish were really cool
Riding the alligator on the way out the door...
MP2 getting out of his pea pod (best baby sleeping invention EVER...I swear!).  This thing is the best ever travel bed.  We have loved it.
Sweet Robin, she must have a direct line to Santa, since she gave MP2 some train cars that go with wooden train tracks! I also think that before all birthdays and Christmas in future years, we will be heading to Tulsa to check out the latest and greatest toys!  Ben had the most fun toys.
Case in point!
Again - a horse and a trampoline (not to be used together!)
The following day found us at the park - for TWO hours.  I was able to invite some more friends out to meet us and we had four boys playing on the playground for two hours...in December.  Thank goodness for a mild winter.  I love it.  Can I pre-order for next year, please?!?
Tickle attack...
Boys playing with trains.
We had such a fantastic time in Tulsa.  I can't wait to go back!!  No, really...Robin is the best hostess around, Ben wears MP2 out (I had to wake him at 10am each day, and then wake him after 3 hrs napping each afternoon), we LOVE his toys, I LOVE the girl time with Robin and Amy too!, MP2 decided he's a great car trip companion again (hope I am not jinxing myself by saying this), and it's a super manageable distance as compared to Nashville.  Hope Robin is as excited to have us back as we are to come...would hate to have her turn us away at the door :)

No comments:

Post a Comment