Friday, July 16, 2010

Introducing Maxwell Edward Pulle

The wait is over - and it has been for a week now, but I've been a little busy for blogging!!! We finally got to meet BBP, aka Max, last Friday morning, July 9th at 4:32am. As Gary already pointed out, apparently Max likes to keep similar hours as his momma.

I feel fortunate to have had a really great labor. It was long (about 24 hours), but the really hard part was only for the last 4 or so. Getting to have one of my oldest and dearest friends attend the birth means more to me than she'll ever really know. My midwives were fantastic and MP was the best labor coach of all (i.e. staying really patient with me as I got more and more crazy leading up to the final moments). It was a special experience having Max born at home, and we would not trade it for anything in the world.

He's already the center of our universe and we are completely smitten.

MP and MP2 just a few minutes after his birth. Where's mom, you wonder? Well certainly in no condition for photo ops!

About an hour after birth, Max was weighed (8lbs 6oz) and measured (21 inches), and given back to me for lots of snuggling and nursing time.
After MP, MP2 and I had a little nap, we did more cuddling while we waited on the arrival of Nana and Papa from Nashville.

MP2 made a statement with his first t-shirt.

...and he did lots of hard sleeping (this he gets from his daddy).

Auntie Amy got some snuggles in too (and got us all some pizza for lunch)

Finally, Nana and Papa got here and were super excited to meet MP2.

All in all, we had a great birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment