Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Waiting is the Hardest Part

I remember this blog post title being my status update on Facebook the day we found out BBP was a boy...I had no idea. At just less than one week away from the official due date, I'm looking for some ideas on how to cool my jets. Within the last week, pretty much every phone call I make is answered with "Are you in labor?!?!?" Every time (all four times) I got up to go to the bathroom last night were met with a sleepy MP asking "BBP's not coming yet, is he?" Every weekly meeting I attend at work is prefeced by my collegues wondering (often aloud) if it will be my last. So, if this is the super exciting part, why I am I looking for ways to calm it down? Well, when I actually think rationally about all of this, I realize that I could go into labor tomorrow...but the odds are more than likely I will be late rather than early. Meaning - I have at least another week, and maybe two or three (heaven forbid!), so I am thinking it best that I relax a little bit and just enjoy some quiet time with MP home and gear up for our lives to completely change. The challenge is simply how to accomplish this (or is it just impossible)?!?



In other news, we had a fantastic holiday weekend. MP arrived home on Friday evening, his externship in Nashville concluded, and won't be going anywhere else for awhile. We got to relax at the neighborhood pool, have dinner with some new friends, see some fireworks, eat, cook, read, see a movie - all things that I think may take a backseat with BBP's arrival. It's been fantastic. I will try to get a posting up with some pictures soon, right now, I am too lazy to download them from the camera.


Oh...and it seems my nesting instinct has continued to manifest itself in the kitchen. I think that if I try to make & freeze one more thing, we're going to have to buy another freezer. It's crazy in there. MP is making lots of fun of me, but I know he'll be thanking me come mid-August!

1 comment:

  1. I am actually thinking of buying a stand alone freezer for our garage, just for this very issue. :)

    ReplyDelete